Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Tickle Me Pink



This past weekend, Lauren and I went to the cutest bakery in downtown Harrisonburg called Herritage Bakery & Cafe.  It's the perfect type of place to go on a daytime V-Day date with your crush or your best gal pal.  This bakery has a lot of character.  They had old music playing including the likes of Frank Sinatra (which I'm sure blogger and JMU alum Summer Wind would appreciate) and unique antique dishes for guests dining in.  I love small businesses like this because they are what America is built on.  Not to mention this kind of place is a little more special than your run-of-the-mill Starbucks.  They also had great customer service and even warmed up the mini croissant for me!

My outfit here is put-together but not too fancy, which is perfect for this casual setting.  I wore the pale pink sweater to show my Valentine's spirit and the black pants so that this outfit could also transition into the nighttime.  (However, I will have a different Valentine's night look coming soon!)  My favorite part about this ensemble is my new bag from Old Navy.  The tassel adds a little sass, which we all need sometimes to spice up our lives.

Sweater- Same ColorSame Texture | Pants | Headband | Necklace- Same ColorSimilar Style | Earrings | Tote 

Despite how much I loved the bakery, my favorite discovery was the sign outside of a church we walked by.  It displayed the reference to a verse in a chapter of the Bible that many people hear at weddings, "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love.  But the greatest of these is love."  While many people get caught up worrying about flowers and chocolates, it is important to remember the true meaning of Valentine's Day is love.  The greatest gift we were ever given was the unconditional love from Jesus laying down his life for ours so that we could be saved and go to heaven.  "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends,"  John 15:13.  A different kind of love for you to ponder this Valentine's Day!  If you're interested in this check out this book, which focuses on how we can love the way Jesus loves.

1 comment: